Clover Slash Cutter
You know that fuzzy, super comfortable quilt your grandmother gave you? It was probably made of chenille. And there’s nothing more reassuring than a hug from a chenille robe because chenille is your basic comfort fabric. It’s a natural for towels, robes and baby items, and also home décor, fashion or crafts. You can make a definite fashion statement with selections from colour, pattern or weight. Chenille is a beautiful, textured fabric that is characterized by a unique and inviting 3-D appearance.
Chenille can be purchased ready made by the yard in a variety of solid colours - OR if you have the perfect colours in mind, you can make it yourself! The cool thing about chenille is that you can add your own creative expression by personally selecting the contrasting multiple layers of frayed fabric with your chosen background fabric. The result is a potential for creative expression limited only by our own imagination.
Simply put, the Slash Cutter does all of the boring stuff. You get to select the fabric layers and sew the channels and then the Slash Cutter does the rest. It’s important that the cuts be down the center of the channels and that it be easy to accomplish.
To help do that, the Slash Cutter has three primary components.
1) The handle is designed to comfortably fit in your hand and allows us to easily control the cutter. The round blade easily makes the cuts but does not rotate while cutting.
2) The blade rotates manually when it becomes necessary to advance a new, sharp section of the blade for additional cuts once the current position becomes dull.
3) The Slash Cutter is the channel guide. There are two interchangeable guides:
* one long and thin to guide the cutting blade directly down the middle of long straight channels producing perfectly even frays.
* one is shortened to allow easy manipulation for curving, detailed cuts.
In either case perfect cuts are achieved for smooth, even frayed fabric.